The United Thank Offering (UTO) is a ministry of The Episcopal Church for the mission of the whole church. Through UTO, individuals are invited to embrace and deepen a personal daily spiritual discipline of gratitude. UTO encourages people to notice the good things that happen each day, give thanks to God for those blessings and make an offering for each blessing using a UTO Blue Box. UTO is entrusted to receive the offerings, and to distribute the 100% of what is collected to support innovative mission and ministry throughout The Episcopal Church and Provinces of the Anglican Communion.
To learn more about how to participate in the United Thank Offering or to order materials to start the program in your congregation, please use the links below or send us an email. We are happy to help you get started.
Young Adult Board Member
UTO is looking for young adults to serve on the UTO Board with voice and vote. All members serve a three-year term with the opportunity to serve a second term.
2021 Theology of Gratitude
Call for Proposals
United Thank Offering (UTO) along with the Diocese of Massachusetts and the Cathedral Church of Saint Paul in Boston will host the second annual Theology of Gratitude Conference on October 15-17, 2021.
2020 Annual Report
UTO is made up of each one of us, coming together in gratitude, working to make an impact. Though 2020 was filled with extreme grief, trauma, and anxiety, you still showed up.
2021 UTO Ingathering
Contribute today to the 2021 Ingathering. 100% of what is collected this year will be given away to support innovative projects focused on care of creation led by Episcopal/Anglican ministries.
Please mail ingathering and Memorial Gift & Trust Fund checks to:
United Thank Offering
DFMS – Protestant Episcopal Church US
P.O. Box 958983
St. Louis, MO 63195-8983
For the street address to send funds via FedEx or UPS, please contact Heather Melton, Staff Officer, The United Thank Offering.
Please make checks payable to “DFMS” with “UTO” in the memo line. All funds must be received at the above address by December 11, 2021 for inclusion in the 2021 ingathering.
Please send all other correspondence to:
United Thank Offering – Heather Melton
P.O. Box 6834
Farmington, NM 87499
We want to stay connected with you! Please fill out this form if you are a new UTO Coordinator or if you are transitioning out of leadership.
Sign up to receive monthly news about the United Thank Offering–current events, grant site updates, and more! Check out our archive of past newsletters, and subscribe today.
The Latest Blog Posts
- 2021 UTO Grant Process UpdateThank you to everyone who applied for a UTO Grant during this spring cycle of COVID-19 grants. The grant list will be sent to Executive Council for approval in April, and applicants will be notified of […]
- Spring Webinars!We have two awesome webinars coming up over the next two months. We hope you’ll join one or both. April Webinar: Introduction to Straw Bale Gardening April 22 at 7pm Eastern Now that the COVID-19 grants are awaiting […]
- Applications Now Available for the Julia Chester Emery Internship 2021-2022In 2015, the UTO Board launched the Julia Chester Emery internship program for young adults in honor of the countless women who served as UTO missionaries. The 2021-2022 internship will be a collaborative effort between The […]
- Applications now available for the Young Adult Board Member Position 2021-2024See below for the full press release regarding an opening on the Board for a young adult — please share! What is UTO? The United Thank Offering (UTO) began in 1883 with a thank offering gathered […]
- 2021 UTO Scholars Conference Call for ProposalsUnited Thank Offering, along with the Diocese of Massachusetts and the Cathedral of Saint Paul, will host the second annual Theology of Gratitude Conference on October 15-17, 2021. We seek to bring together scholars from a variety […]