The United Thank Offering (UTO) is a ministry of The Episcopal Church for the mission of the whole church. Through UTO, individuals are invited to embrace and deepen a personal daily spiritual discipline of gratitude. UTO encourages people to notice the good things that happen each day, give thanks to God for those blessings and make an offering for each blessing using a UTO Blue Box. UTO is entrusted to receive the offerings, and to distribute the 100% of what is collected to support innovative mission and ministry throughout The Episcopal Church and Provinces of the Anglican Communion.
To learn more about how to participate in the United Thank Offering or to order materials to start the program in your congregation, please use the links below or send us an email. We are happy to help you get started.
2021 United Thank Offering Grants
The 2021 United Thank Offering grant application materials are now available. The focus of this year’s grants is Recovering with Love and Gratitude: An Episcopal Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic in Local Contexts. The deadline for submission of a completed application (and required documents) for the first round of grants is 5pm (Eastern) on Friday, February 26, 2021.
2021 UTO Ingathering
Contribute today to the 2021 Ingatheirng. 100% of what is collected this year will be given away to support innovative projects focused on care of creation led by Episcopal/Anglican ministries.
Good Book Club 2021
Join us as we work our way through the Gospel of Mark during Epiphany. Each week we will gather and discuss the portion we read the week prior, examining the text to learn what it says about gratitude, justice and reconciliation through the relationships of the people presented in the Gospel of Mark.
Please mail ingathering and Memorial Gift & Trust Fund checks to:
United Thank Offering
DFMS – Protestant Episcopal Church US
P.O. Box 958983
St. Louis, MO 63195-8983
For the street address to send funds via FedEx or UPS, please contact Heather Melton, Staff Officer, The United Thank Offering.
Please make checks payable to “DFMS” with “UTO” in the memo line. All funds must be received at the above address by December 11, 2021 for inclusion in the 2021 ingathering.
Please send all other correspondence to:
United Thank Offering – Heather Melton
P.O. Box 6834
Farmington, NM 87499
We want to stay connected with you! Please fill out this form if you are a new UTO Coordinator or if you are transitioning out of leadership.
Sign up to receive monthly news about the United Thank Offering–current events, grant site updates, and more! Check out our archive of past newsletters, and subscribe today.
The Latest Blog Posts
- Submit Your 2021 Applications Early!By Joyce Landers, UTO Vice President The deadline for the 2021 grant applications is approaching. All applications must be uploaded here by Friday, February 26 at 5 p.m. ET. The UTO Board strongly encourages all grant applicants […]
- Why UTO and Gratitude Are Important to MeBy Maggie Noland, Province IV Representative It is extremely important to live a life of gratitude. Even in our darkest moments, I have found that there is always something to be grateful for. Always. When I […]
- All Saints’ Sunday, Ascension Sunday, or What Works for You?By Kathy Mank, Financial Secretary In trying to locate a current source of why All Saints’ and Ascension Sundays have traditionally been selected by congregations throughout The Episcopal Church for UTO Ingatherings, I found little, except […]
- Coordinators NewsletterBy Sherri Dietrich, UTO Board President The UTO Board and staff are always looking for better ways to support our UTO coordinators in their important work of promoting participation. We currently have a Facebook Group for […]
- CaritasBy the Rev. Canon Heather L. Melton, Staff Officer for the United Thank Offering Caritas is the Latin word for Christian love, sometimes further defined as the Christian love for all of humanity. Often people go on […]