The United Thank Offering (UTO) is a ministry of The Episcopal Church for the mission of the whole church. Through UTO, individuals are invited to embrace and deepen a personal daily spiritual discipline of gratitude. UTO encourages people to notice the good things that happen each day, give thanks to God for those blessings and make an offering for each blessing using a UTO Blue Box. UTO is entrusted to receive the offerings, and to distribute the 100% of what is collected to support innovative mission and ministry throughout The Episcopal Church and Provinces of the Anglican Communion.
To learn more about how to participate in the United Thank Offering or to order materials to start the program in your congregation, please use the links below or send us an email. We are happy to help you get started.
2022 UTO Grant Awards
This year we awarded $1,051,154.14 in UTO grants that focus on Care of Creation.
2023 UTO Grant Focus and Criteria
Get a head start on planning for your 2023 UTO grant application.
Please mail ingathering and Memorial Gift & Trust Fund checks to:
United Thank Offering
DFMS – Protestant Episcopal Church US
P.O. Box 958983
St. Louis, MO 63195-8983
For the street address to send funds via FedEx or UPS, please contact Heather Melton, Staff Officer, The United Thank Offering.
Please make checks payable to “DFMS” with “UTO” in the memo line. All funds must be received at the above address by December 11, 2021 for inclusion in the 2021 ingathering.
Please send all other correspondence to:
United Thank Offering
The Episcopal Church
815 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10017
We want to stay connected with you! Please fill out this form if you are a new UTO Coordinator or if you are transitioning out of leadership.
Sign up to receive monthly news about the United Thank Offering–current events, grant site updates, and more! Check out our archive of past newsletters, and subscribe today.
Register Your Parish
If your parish participates in UTO, please let us know and register here. By registering your parish, you will have access to newsletters, UTO events and webinars, free gratitude materials and resources, and much more!
The Latest Blog Posts
- Important Update: UTO at General ConventionDear UTO Members, Coordinators, and Community, On Monday, the UTO Board made the difficult decision not to attend the 80th General Convention and Triennial this July in person. We fully support the discernment of the Presiding Officers […]
- The Great EpisGOpal Race is Back!The Great EpisGOpal Race is back, and you have the first chance to register! This year, UTO is partnering with Episcopal Migration Ministries to race in gratitude for our bodies, environments, communities, and neighbors. Proceeds will support […]
- Julia Chester Emery Icon – Second Editionby Heather Melton, UTO Staff Officer By the time you read this, the second Julia Chester Emery icon, created by Kristen Wheeler, will be complete. While I’m writing this, the icon is just starting to have […]
- 2024 UTO Prayer Booklet Call for PrayersBy Heather Melton, UTO Staff Officer You might be doing a double-take given the title of this article, but don’t be alarmed, it is time to start the process of collecting prayers for the next edition […]
- General Convention/Triennial Updates: Registration and UTO PassportsBy UTO Workshop Team As the UTO Board and staff continue to plan for our time together this July, we want to share with you as many updates as we can with the understanding that given […]