The United Thank Offering (UTO) is a ministry of The Episcopal Church for the mission of the whole church. Through UTO, individuals are invited to embrace and deepen a personal daily spiritual discipline of gratitude. UTO encourages people to notice the good things that happen each day, give thanks to God for those blessings and make an offering for each blessing using a UTO Blue Box. UTO is entrusted to receive the offerings, and to distribute the 100% of what is collected to support innovative mission and ministry throughout The Episcopal Church and Provinces of the Anglican Communion.
To learn more about how to participate in the United Thank Offering or to order materials to start the program in your congregation, please use the links below or send us an email. We are happy to help you get started.
2022 UTO Grants
The 2022 United Thank Offering grant application materials are now available. The focus of this year’s grants is Care of Creation: Turning love into action by caring for God’s creation to protect the most vulnerable—who will bear the largest burden of pollution and climate change—through justice, advocacy, environmental reparations, or the development of formation materials.
November Gratitude Resources
Looking for ways to make your November more meaningful? Join UTO in practicing gratitude in new ways this November to make Thanksgiving more profoundly about giving thanks.
2021 UTO Ingathering
Contribute today to the 2021 Ingathering. 100% of what is collected this year will be given away to support innovative projects focused on care of creation led by Episcopal/Anglican ministries.
Please mail ingathering and Memorial Gift & Trust Fund checks to:
United Thank Offering
DFMS – Protestant Episcopal Church US
P.O. Box 958983
St. Louis, MO 63195-8983
For the street address to send funds via FedEx or UPS, please contact Heather Melton, Staff Officer, The United Thank Offering.
Please make checks payable to “DFMS” with “UTO” in the memo line. All funds must be received at the above address by December 11, 2021 for inclusion in the 2021 ingathering.
Please send all other correspondence to:
United Thank Offering
The Episcopal Church
815 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10017
We want to stay connected with you! Please fill out this form if you are a new UTO Coordinator or if you are transitioning out of leadership.
Sign up to receive monthly news about the United Thank Offering–current events, grant site updates, and more! Check out our archive of past newsletters, and subscribe today.
The Latest Blog Posts
- Submit Your 2022 Applications EarlyBy Joyce Landers, UTO Vice President The deadline for the 2022 grant applications is fast approaching. All applications must be uploaded by Friday, Feb. 4, at 5 p.m. Eastern Time. The UTO Board strongly encourages all grant applicants […]
- New Lenten Materials Now AvailableBy Heather Melton, UTO staff officer Back by popular demand, UTO gratitude resources for Lent are now available at unitedthankoffering.org/lent. The materials have been expanded and updated to better support those congregations that use UTO as their […]
- 2021 Annual ReportBy Isabelle Watkins, administrative assistant As we reflect on 2021, we wanted to say how grateful we are for each one of you. The United Thank Offering is made up of passionate people all over the […]
- Thank you for giving…and continuing to giveBy Kathy Mank, UTO Board financial secretary Thank you, diocesan and parish coordinators who have held Ingatherings and have worked together in partnership. We give special thanks for our faithful individual UTO supporters who practice gratitude […]
- The Future of Gratitude: Celebrating 40 Years of the Memorial Trust FundBy Sherri Dietrich, UTO Board President Forty years ago the women of UTO wisely established the Memorial Trust Fund to allow the UTO Board to grant every penny of the Ingathering to support innovative mission and […]