The United Thank Offering (UTO) is a ministry of The Episcopal Church for the mission of the whole church. Through UTO, individuals are invited to embrace and deepen a personal daily spiritual discipline of gratitude. UTO encourages people to notice the good things that happen each day, give thanks to God for those blessings and make an offering for each blessing using a UTO Blue Box. UTO is entrusted to receive the offerings, and to distribute the 100% of what is collected to support innovative mission and ministry throughout The Episcopal Church and Provinces of the Anglican Communion.
To learn more about how to participate in the United Thank Offering or to order materials to start the program in your congregation, please use the links below or send us an email. We are happy to help you get started.
2022 UTO Grants
The 2022 United Thank Offering grant application materials are now available. The focus of this year’s grants is Care of Creation: Turning love into action by caring for God’s creation to protect the most vulnerable—who will bear the largest burden of pollution and climate change—through justice, advocacy, environmental reparations, or the development of formation materials.
Spring COVID-19 Grant Awards
The United Thank Offering raised and awarded $479,369.53 for this second round of COVID-19 grants.
Young Adult Board Member
UTO is looking for young adults to serve on the UTO Board with voice and vote. All members serve a three-year term with the opportunity to serve a second term.
2021 Theology of Gratitude
Call for Proposals
United Thank Offering (UTO) along with the Diocese of Massachusetts and the Cathedral Church of Saint Paul in Boston will host the second annual Theology of Gratitude Conference on October 15-17, 2021.
2021 UTO Ingathering
Contribute today to the 2021 Ingathering. 100% of what is collected this year will be given away to support innovative projects focused on care of creation led by Episcopal/Anglican ministries.
Please mail ingathering and Memorial Gift & Trust Fund checks to:
United Thank Offering
DFMS – Protestant Episcopal Church US
P.O. Box 958983
St. Louis, MO 63195-8983
For the street address to send funds via FedEx or UPS, please contact Heather Melton, Staff Officer, The United Thank Offering.
Please make checks payable to “DFMS” with “UTO” in the memo line. All funds must be received at the above address by December 11, 2021 for inclusion in the 2021 ingathering.
Please send all other correspondence to:
United Thank Offering – Heather Melton
P.O. Box 6834
Farmington, NM 87499
We want to stay connected with you! Please fill out this form if you are a new UTO Coordinator or if you are transitioning out of leadership.
Sign up to receive monthly news about the United Thank Offering–current events, grant site updates, and more! Check out our archive of past newsletters, and subscribe today.
The Latest Blog Posts
- Upcoming Webinars!May Webinar: Introduction to Grant Writing, Tuesday, May 18, at noon Eastern time Join Heather Melton, UTO staff officer, to talk through some of the best tips and tricks for grant writing. Many congregations are facing two […]
- 2021 UTO Grants AnnouncedBy Joyce Landers, UTO Board Vice President The members of the United Thank Offering Board are very excited to announce the spring 2021 grants. The focus was Recovering with Love and Gratitude: An Episcopal Response to the […]
- Grant Site Update: Trinity Haven Provides Safe Housing for LGBTQ Youth, Diocese of IndianapolisBy Leigh Ann Hirschman, parishioner, Trinity Episcopal Church, Indianapolis, and founding board chair, Trinity Haven Cold. Hungry. Alone. Rejected, just for who they are. Did you know that 40 percent of homeless young people identify as […]
- Gratitude Gone Wrong: A Lesson In Being ThankedBy Heather L. Melton, staff officer for the United Thank Offering Over the past few weeks, I’ve been thinking a great deal about moments when our desire to be grateful has gone wrong. May is time […]
- 2021 UTO Grant Process UpdateThank you to everyone who applied for a UTO Grant during this spring cycle of COVID-19 grants. The grant list will be sent to Executive Council for approval in April, and applicants will be notified of […]