The United Thank Offering (UTO) is a ministry of The Episcopal Church for the mission of the whole church. Through UTO, individuals are invited to embrace and deepen a personal daily spiritual discipline of gratitude. UTO encourages people to notice the good things that happen each day, give thanks to God for those blessings and make an offering for each blessing using a UTO Blue Box. UTO is entrusted to receive the offerings, and to distribute the 100% of what is collected to support innovative mission and ministry throughout The Episcopal Church and Provinces of the Anglican Communion.
To learn more about how to participate in the United Thank Offering or to order materials to start the program in your congregation, please use the links below or send us an email. We are happy to help you get started.
2022 UTO Grants
The 2022 United Thank Offering grant application materials are now available. The focus of this year’s grants is Care of Creation: Turning love into action by caring for God’s creation to protect the most vulnerable—who will bear the largest burden of pollution and climate change—through justice, advocacy, environmental reparations, or the development of formation materials.
November Gratitude Resources
Looking for ways to make your November more meaningful? Join UTO in practicing gratitude in new ways this November to make Thanksgiving more profoundly about giving thanks.
2021 UTO Ingathering
Contribute today to the 2021 Ingathering. 100% of what is collected this year will be given away to support innovative projects focused on care of creation led by Episcopal/Anglican ministries.
Please mail ingathering and Memorial Gift & Trust Fund checks to:
United Thank Offering
DFMS – Protestant Episcopal Church US
P.O. Box 958983
St. Louis, MO 63195-8983
For the street address to send funds via FedEx or UPS, please contact Heather Melton, Staff Officer, The United Thank Offering.
Please make checks payable to “DFMS” with “UTO” in the memo line. All funds must be received at the above address by December 11, 2021 for inclusion in the 2021 ingathering.
Please send all other correspondence to:
United Thank Offering – Heather Melton
P.O. Box 6834
Farmington, NM 87499
We want to stay connected with you! Please fill out this form if you are a new UTO Coordinator or if you are transitioning out of leadership.
Sign up to receive monthly news about the United Thank Offering–current events, grant site updates, and more! Check out our archive of past newsletters, and subscribe today.
The Latest Blog Posts
- Global Mission Digital ToolkitBy Jenny Green, officer, Global Relations and Networking The Global Mission Digital Toolkit is now available. Launched on World Mission Sunday, which was observed on the last Sunday after Epiphany, Feb. 14, this resource is a […]
- UTO Blog Under Construction & Summer UpdatesBy UTO Board and Staff This summer the UTO Blog will be undergoing a massive reorganization to create sections based on what people are looking for from UTO. There will be a section dedicated to coordinators […]
- 2022 UTO Grant Applications Available Now!By Joyce Landers, UTO Board Vice President The United Thank Offering Board is very happy to announce that the applications, and associated materials, for the 2022 granting cycle are now available on our website. The 2022 […]
- Welcome, Isabelle Watkins, UTO Administrative Associate for the United Thank Offering!By Heather L. Melton, staff officer for the United Thank Offering Typically, at this time of year, we begin to say farewell to our intern and prepare to welcome the new one. This year, I am […]
- Creation and GratitudeBy Heather L. Melton, staff officer for the United Thank Offering This morning I woke up to find a rare late spring storm brewing overhead. It has continued all day – dark sky, swiftly blowing winds […]