The United Thank Offering (UTO) is a ministry of The Episcopal Church for the mission of the whole church. Through UTO, individuals are invited to embrace and deepen a personal daily spiritual discipline of gratitude. UTO encourages people to notice the good things that happen each day, give thanks to God for those blessings and make an offering for each blessing using a UTO Blue Box. UTO is entrusted to receive the offerings, and to distribute the 100% of what is collected to support innovative mission and ministry throughout The Episcopal Church and Provinces of the Anglican Communion.
To learn more about how to participate in the United Thank Offering or to order materials to start the program in your congregation, please use the links below or send us an email. We are happy to help you get started.
2022 UTO Grant Awards
This year we awarded $1,051,154.14 in UTO grants that focus on Care of Creation.
2023 UTO Grant Focus and Criteria
Get a head start on planning for your 2023 UTO grant application.
Please mail ingathering and Memorial Gift & Trust Fund checks to:
United Thank Offering
DFMS – Protestant Episcopal Church US
P.O. Box 958983
St. Louis, MO 63195-8983
For the street address to send funds via FedEx or UPS, please contact Heather Melton, Staff Officer, The United Thank Offering.
Please make checks payable to “DFMS” with “UTO” in the memo line. All funds must be received at the above address by December 11, 2021 for inclusion in the 2021 ingathering.
Please send all other correspondence to:
United Thank Offering
The Episcopal Church
815 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10017
We want to stay connected with you! Please fill out this form if you are a new UTO Coordinator or if you are transitioning out of leadership.
Sign up to receive monthly news about the United Thank Offering–current events, grant site updates, and more! Check out our archive of past newsletters, and subscribe today.
Register Your Parish
If your parish participates in UTO, please let us know and register here. By registering your parish, you will have access to newsletters, UTO events and webinars, free gratitude materials and resources, and much more!
The Latest Blog Posts
- Julia Chester Emery Icon – Second Edition Finishedby Heather Melton, UTO Staff Officer One of the things that has been so very intersting about the Julia Chester Emery icon project is how each one and its process has been so very different. We […]
- The Great EpisGOpal Race is Back!By Isabelle Watkins, UTO Administration The Great EpisGOpal Race is back, and you’re invited to join together in gratitude and race your way! This year, we’re partnering with Episcopal Migration Ministries, building on 20 years of partnership between […]
- Evento de formación de la Ofrenda Unida de Acción de Gracias18 de junio de 202210a-12:45p Eastern Time Registrarse aquí Tenga en cuenta: este evento será solo en español, no se ofrecerá interpretación al inglés. Hay un día de capacitación en inglés en julio, visite https://DFMS.formstack.com/forms/virtual_convention si desea asistir […]
- 2022 UTO Training DaysBy Sherri Dietrich, President of the United Thank Offering Board With the changing landscape of gathering due to COVID-19, the UTO Board was able to think about better ways we could engage and support UTO coordinators […]
- General Convention UpdatesBy Sherri Dietrich, President of the United Thank Offering Board Most of you have heard by now that the UTO Board made the decision not to attend the 80th General Convention and Triennial this July, even […]