The United Thank Offering (UTO) is a ministry of The Episcopal Church for the mission of the whole church. Through UTO, individuals are invited to embrace and deepen a personal daily spiritual discipline of gratitude. UTO encourages people to notice the good things that happen each day, give thanks to God for those blessings and make an offering for each blessing using a UTO Blue Box. UTO is entrusted to receive the offerings, and to distribute the 100% of what is collected to support innovative mission and ministry throughout The Episcopal Church and Provinces of the Anglican Communion.
To learn more about how to participate in the United Thank Offering or to order materials to start the program in your congregation, please use the links below or send us an email. We are happy to help you get started.
2023 UTO Grant Application Materials Now Available
Get started on your 2023 UTO Grant applications today.
Call for Prayers
We’re in the process of gathering prayer for the 2024 UTO Prayer Booklet. You can write any prayer you want, and anyone can write a prayer.
November Gratitude Resources
…to help people of all ages explore their personal practice of gratitude.
UTO and Illustrated Ministries Collaboration
Free coloring sheets, formation materials, and coloring contest information
Please mail ingathering and Memorial Gift & Trust Fund checks to:
United Thank Offering
DFMS – Protestant Episcopal Church US
P.O. Box 958983
St. Louis, MO 63195-8983
For the street address to send funds via FedEx or UPS, please contact Heather Melton, Staff Officer, The United Thank Offering.
Please make checks payable to “DFMS” with “UTO” in the memo line. All funds must be received at the above address by December 11, 2021 for inclusion in the 2021 ingathering.
Please send all other correspondence to:
United Thank Offering
The Episcopal Church
815 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10017
We want to stay connected with you! Please fill out this form if you are a new UTO Coordinator or if you are transitioning out of leadership.
Sign up to receive monthly news about the United Thank Offering–current events, grant site updates, and more! Check out our archive of past newsletters, and subscribe today.
Register Your Parish
If your parish participates in UTO, please let us know and register here. By registering your parish, you will have access to newsletters, UTO events and webinars, free gratitude materials and resources, and much more!
The Latest Blog Posts
- UTO Material Kits Now Available!By Heather Melton, UTO Staff Officer Just a reminder that UTO material kits are still available (and since they are so popular we will always offer them even if some of the materials change as supply […]
- UTO Coloring Contest Deadline Extended to Dec. 31By Heather Melton, UTO Staff Officer Many of you are just getting your hands on our newest Blue Boxes, so we wanted to extend the deadline for the coloring contest to accommodate those Ingatherings held after […]
- November Grant WebinarsBy Joyce Landers, Vice President of the United Thank Offering Board The UTO Board is offering a series of webinars to assist anyone associated with submitting an application for the 2023 granting cycle. This includes not […]
- Final Julia Chester Emery Icon – from Paige Blair-HubertBy Sherri Dietrich, UTO Board President This year the UTO Board asked four artists to create images of Julia Chester Emery, a saint in The Episcopal Church and the founder of UTO. This month we are […]
- Thank You to Everyone who Went in Gratitude – Together! The Great EpisGOpal RaceBy Isabelle Watkins, UTO Staff The Great EpisGOpal Race is officially over, and we could not be more grateful for those of you who participated, donated, fundraised, and followed along. While we don’t know the official […]