The United Thank Offering (UTO) is a ministry of The Episcopal Church for the mission of the whole church. Through UTO, individuals are invited to embrace and deepen a personal daily spiritual discipline of gratitude. UTO encourages people to notice the good things that happen each day, give thanks to God for those blessings and make an offering for each blessing using a UTO Blue Box. UTO is entrusted to receive the offerings, and to distribute the 100% of what is collected to support innovative mission and ministry throughout The Episcopal Church and Provinces of the Anglican Communion.
To learn more about how to participate in the United Thank Offering or to order materials to start the program in your congregation, please use the links below or send us an email. We are happy to help you get started.
2023 UTO Grant Awards
The 2023 UTO grant awards have been announced. Download the grants brochure and read more about the awards.
2024 UTO Grant Applications and Materials Now Available
Call for Prayers
We’re in the process of gathering prayer for the 2024 UTO Prayer Booklet. You can write any prayer you want, and anyone can write a prayer.
Waves of Gratitude: A Vacation Bible Camp presented by UTO
Free curriculum and resources to host a gratitude based camp using water, Bible Stories and STEAM.
UTO and Illustrated Ministries Collaboration
Free coloring sheets, formation materials, and coloring contest information
Please mail all UTO checks to:
United Thank Offering
DFMS – Protestant Episcopal Church US
P.O. Box 958983
St. Louis, MO 63195-8983
For the street address to send funds via FedEx or UPS, please contact Heather Melton, Staff Officer, The United Thank Offering.
Please make checks payable to “DFMS” with “UTO” in the memo line. All funds must be received at the above address by December 8, 2023 for inclusion in the 2023 ingathering.
Please send all other correspondence to:
United Thank Offering
The Episcopal Church
815 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10017
We want to stay connected with you! Please fill out this form if you are a new UTO Coordinator or if you are transitioning out of leadership.
Sign up to receive monthly news about the United Thank Offering–current events, grant site updates, and more! Check out our archive of past newsletters, and subscribe today.
Register Your Parish
If your parish participates in UTO, please let us know and register here. By registering your parish, you will have access to newsletters, UTO events and webinars, free gratitude materials and resources, and much more!
The Latest Blog Posts
- Reminder: Changes Coming to How UTO Distributes Printed MaterialsAs December unfolds around us, one of our big changes is underway, which is revamping how we distribute materials. During the month of December, you will not be able to order materials. If you have an emergency … Read more
- Giving Tuesday: Thank You!By Heather Melton, UTO Staff Officer Last week the United States marked “Giving Tuesday,” a movement that started years ago to encourage individuals to support nonprofits. (It grew as a response to Black Friday and Cyber … Read more
- Updates on the 2024 UTO Grant ProcessBy Rowan Larson, UTO Vice President-Elect We are approaching the deadline for applying for a 2024 grant. Applications are due no later than Jan. 19. However, there are many important deadlines that precede the final deadline, including the deadlines … Read more
- Lent Materials AvailableBy Heather Melton, UTO Staff Officer If the title of this article shocked you, I apologize, but Lent is very early this year (it’s a Valentine’s Day/Ash Wednesday year again), and we want to make sure … Read more
- Julia Chester Emery Feast Day CelebrationBy Sherri Dietrich, UTO Board President Tuesday, Jan. 9, at 7 p.m. EasternRegister here January 9 is the feast day of Julia Chester Emery, founder of the United Thank Offering, and this year we are celebrating … Read more