The United Thank Offering (UTO) is a ministry of The Episcopal Church for the mission of the whole church. Through UTO, individuals are invited to embrace and deepen a personal daily spiritual discipline of gratitude. UTO encourages people to notice the good things that happen each day, give thanks to God for those blessings and make an offering for each blessing using a UTO Blue Box. UTO is entrusted to receive the offerings, and to distribute the 100% of what is collected to support innovative mission and ministry throughout The Episcopal Church and Provinces of the Anglican Communion.
To learn more about how to participate in the United Thank Offering or to order materials to start the program in your congregation, please use the links below or send us an email. We are happy to help you get started.
2023 UTO Grant Awards
The 2023 UTO grant awards have been announced. Download the grants brochure and read more about the awards.
2024 UTO Grant Applications and Materials Now Available
Call for Prayers
We’re in the process of gathering prayer for the 2024 UTO Prayer Booklet. You can write any prayer you want, and anyone can write a prayer.
Waves of Gratitude: A Vacation Bible Camp presented by UTO
Free curriculum and resources to host a gratitude based camp using water, Bible Stories and STEAM.
UTO and Illustrated Ministries Collaboration
Free coloring sheets, formation materials, and coloring contest information
Please mail all UTO checks to:
United Thank Offering
DFMS – Protestant Episcopal Church US
P.O. Box 958983
St. Louis, MO 63195-8983
For the street address to send funds via FedEx or UPS, please contact Heather Melton, Staff Officer, The United Thank Offering.
Please make checks payable to “DFMS” with “UTO” in the memo line. All funds must be received at the above address by December 8, 2023 for inclusion in the 2023 ingathering.
Please send all other correspondence to:
United Thank Offering
The Episcopal Church
815 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10017
We want to stay connected with you! Please fill out this form if you are a new UTO Coordinator or if you are transitioning out of leadership.
Sign up to receive monthly news about the United Thank Offering–current events, grant site updates, and more! Check out our archive of past newsletters, and subscribe today.
Register Your Parish
If your parish participates in UTO, please let us know and register here. By registering your parish, you will have access to newsletters, UTO events and webinars, free gratitude materials and resources, and much more!
The Latest Blog Posts
- Grant Site Update: A Cup of Cold Water, MauiBy Heather Melton, UTO Staff Officer Often when we share a grant site update it is from a current grant site working on their project. However, this month we want to highlight the incredible work of … Read more
- The Great EpisGOpal Race! November Race InformationBy Heather Melton, UTO Staff Officer As fall starts to unfold around us in the Northern Hemisphere, the cooler weather invites us to head outside to exercise or simply explore nature. Many of us love to … Read more
- November Gratitude MaterialsBy Heather Melton, UTO Staff Officer As our sights turn toward fall, we are so ready to help you add a gratitude this autumn with all new materials. All of the materials for fall can be found here. One … Read more
- 9/21 Webinar with Episcopal Church Funding SourcesBy Heather Melton, UTO Staff Officer Sept. 21 at 12:30 p.m. ET: Finding Funding for Your Ministry Idea with UTO, CPC, EWHP Register here Finding funding for ministry projects or churches can feel like a daunting … Read more
- Grant Application How-To Videos Now AvailableBy Joyce Landers, UTO Board Vice President The UTO Board is creating a series of short videos to assist people interested in applying for a UTO grant. We recommend these videos for both grant writers as … Read more