The United Thank Offering (UTO) is a ministry of The Episcopal Church for the mission of the whole church. Through UTO, individuals are invited to embrace and deepen a personal daily spiritual discipline of gratitude. UTO encourages people to notice the good things that happen each day, give thanks to God for those blessings and make an offering for each blessing using a UTO Blue Box. UTO is entrusted to receive the offerings, and to distribute the 100% of what is collected to support innovative mission and ministry throughout The Episcopal Church and Provinces of the Anglican Communion.
To learn more about how to participate in the United Thank Offering or to order materials to start the program in your congregation, please use the links below or send us an email. We are happy to help you get started.
2023 UTO Grant Awards
The 2023 UTO grant awards have been announced. Download the grants brochure and read more about the awards.
2024 UTO Grant Applications and Materials Now Available
Call for Prayers
We’re in the process of gathering prayer for the 2024 UTO Prayer Booklet. You can write any prayer you want, and anyone can write a prayer.
Waves of Gratitude: A Vacation Bible Camp presented by UTO
Free curriculum and resources to host a gratitude based camp using water, Bible Stories and STEAM.
UTO and Illustrated Ministries Collaboration
Free coloring sheets, formation materials, and coloring contest information
Please mail all UTO checks to:
United Thank Offering
DFMS – Protestant Episcopal Church US
P.O. Box 958983
St. Louis, MO 63195-8983
For the street address to send funds via FedEx or UPS, please contact Heather Melton, Staff Officer, The United Thank Offering.
Please make checks payable to “DFMS” with “UTO” in the memo line. All funds must be received at the above address by December 8, 2023 for inclusion in the 2023 ingathering.
Please send all other correspondence to:
United Thank Offering
The Episcopal Church
815 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10017
We want to stay connected with you! Please fill out this form if you are a new UTO Coordinator or if you are transitioning out of leadership.
Sign up to receive monthly news about the United Thank Offering–current events, grant site updates, and more! Check out our archive of past newsletters, and subscribe today.
Register Your Parish
If your parish participates in UTO, please let us know and register here. By registering your parish, you will have access to newsletters, UTO events and webinars, free gratitude materials and resources, and much more!
The Latest Blog Posts
- 2023 Grant StoriesBy Heather Melton, UTO Staff Officer Typically, we share a grant story with you each month in our e-newsletter. This month, we want to share with you one way to share stories with folks who might … Read more
- It’s Not Too Late to Use Our November Gratitude Materials By Heather Melton, UTO Staff Officer It’s November! If it snuck up on you and you haven’t downloaded your gratitude materials, there’s still time; you can sign up for text messages anytime, print things when you’re … Read more
- Updates on the 2024 Grant ProcessBy Sherri Dietrich, UTO Board President Nov. 14, 2023 from 7-8p Eastern– Open Office Hours, come with questions and get help! Register Here Dec. 7, 12-1 p.m. or 7-8 p.m. Eastern – Open Office Hours. Come with questions … Read more
- Changes to the 2025-2027 UTO BudgetBy Sherri Dietrich, UTO Board President Over the past few months, the UTO Board has been wrestling with our triennial budget and how best to meet the needs of our members while also being good stewards … Read more
- Giving Tuesday: UTO and Episcopal Migration MinistriesBy Heather Melton, UTO Staff Officer Each November, Americans are invited to support their favorite charities on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, often through engaging with social media. This year, UTO and Episcopal Migration Ministries (EMM) are … Read more