The United Thank Offering (UTO) is a ministry of The Episcopal Church for the mission of the whole church. Through UTO, individuals are invited to embrace and deepen a personal daily spiritual discipline of gratitude. UTO encourages people to notice the good things that happen each day, give thanks to God for those blessings and make an offering for each blessing using a UTO Blue Box. UTO is entrusted to receive the offerings, and to distribute the 100% of what is collected to support innovative mission and ministry throughout The Episcopal Church and Provinces of the Anglican Communion.
To learn more about how to participate in the United Thank Offering or to order materials to start the program in your congregation, please use the links below or send us an email. We are happy to help you get started.
2024 UTO Grant Focus and Criteria Now Available
Énfasis y criterios de las subvenciones para 2024
Call for Prayers
We’re in the process of gathering prayer for the 2024 UTO Prayer Booklet. You can write any prayer you want, and anyone can write a prayer.
Waves of Gratitude: A Vacation Bible Camp presented by UTO
Free curriculum and resources to host a gratitude based camp using water, Bible Stories and STEAM.
UTO and Illustrated Ministries Collaboration
Free coloring sheets, formation materials, and coloring contest information
Please mail all UTO checks to:
United Thank Offering
DFMS – Protestant Episcopal Church US
P.O. Box 958983
St. Louis, MO 63195-8983
For the street address to send funds via FedEx or UPS, please contact Heather Melton, Staff Officer, The United Thank Offering.
Please make checks payable to “DFMS” with “UTO” in the memo line. All funds must be received at the above address by December 8, 2023 for inclusion in the 2023 ingathering.
Please send all other correspondence to:
United Thank Offering
The Episcopal Church
815 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10017
We want to stay connected with you! Please fill out this form if you are a new UTO Coordinator or if you are transitioning out of leadership.
Sign up to receive monthly news about the United Thank Offering–current events, grant site updates, and more! Check out our archive of past newsletters, and subscribe today.
Register Your Parish
If your parish participates in UTO, please let us know and register here. By registering your parish, you will have access to newsletters, UTO events and webinars, free gratitude materials and resources, and much more!
The Latest Blog Posts
- UTO Training Day, Screening of ‘Gratitude Revealed’ and Q&A with the DirectorJoin us on Saturday, June 3, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Eastern time. This year our training day will take a very different shape as our Board leans into a new structure with three main […]
- ‘Waves of Gratitude’: A Gratitude-Based Vacation Bible Camp Curriculum Now AvailableBy Heather Melton, Staff Officer Years ago, I started writing and trying out materials to create a gratitude-based Vacation Bible School curriculum. This project sat untouched during the pandemic, and thanks to the encouragement of the […]
- The United Thank Offering Presents: Mental Health + GratitudeMay 17 at Noon Eastern By Sherri Dietrich, UTO Board President Register here.For the latest updates, visit www.unitedthankoffering.com/webinar. Mark your calendars now for our March 17 webinar on mental health and gratitude. Both the COVID pandemic and […]
- God Comes ThroughBy Heather Melton, UTO Staff Officer During Lent some of you joined with me in reading “Uncommon Gratitude: Alleluia for All That Is” by Joan Chittister and Rowan Williams. There is a chapter in the book […]
- UTO Grants in Action From the Episcopal Diocese of Ohio Each month in our newsletter for coordinators, we share a story from a grant site, gleaned through our reporting processes. In 2023, we are sharing an additional story here to […]