Don’t wait: registration now open for 2018 Evangelism Matters March 15-17
Registration is now open for the next Evangelism Matters, an Episcopal Evangelism Conference on March 15-17 for anyone excited to learn about sharing and growing loving, liberating, life-giving relationships with God.
A pre-conference on March 14 gathers the church’s “Evangelism Catalysts” - two people from each diocese designated by their bishop as leaders who promote and provoke others to practice evangelism. Bishops are asked to send the names and emails of their two catalysts to Sarah Alphin, Associate for Evangelism, Reconciliation and Creation Care, at [email protected] by February 1; the catalysts will then receive instructions to register for free.
The March 2018 gathering follows the first successful Evangelism Matters conference in November 2016.
Well-known speakers for the event will address topical issues, and workshops will enhance the learning experience. Speakers include (with more to be added!)
• Presiding Bishop Michael Curry
• The Rev. Gay Clark Jennings, President of the House of Deputies
• The Rev. Canon Stephanie Spellers, the Presiding Bishop’s Canon for Evangelism, Reconciliation and Creation Care
• Carrie Boren Headington, Canon for Evangelism in the Diocese of Dallas
• Mary Foster Parmer, Director of Invite Welcome Connect at the Beecken Center, School of Theology, University of the South
• The Rev. Canon Scott Gunn, executive director of Forward Movement
• The Rev. Canon Frank Logue, Canon to the Ordinary for the Episcopal Diocese of Georgia and member of Executive Council.
Many of the plenary sessions will be live-streamed. Live Spanish translation also will be available. More details to come; check here.
Videos featuring the highlights of the Evangelism Matters Conference in October 2016 are available here.
Registration includes attendance, handouts and lunches. Registration does not include transportation or lodging.
General registration is $100 until January 15; $125 after that. Students, seminarians, youth, young adults, church planters and participants residing outside the continental U.S. may register at reduced rates.
Check here for schedule and speaker updates, sponsor information, lodging recommendations, and more.