Media Advisory: EYE17 - 2017 Episcopal Youth Event - brings thousands of youth, leaders, speakers to Oklahoma City July 10-14
EYE17 – the 2017 Episcopal Youth Event -- will welcome more than 1300 youth, adult mentors, workshop leaders, speakers and volunteers from across the Episcopal Church to Oklahoma City, OK.
Bronwyn Clark Skov, Director for Formation, Youth, and Young Adult Ministries, explained that EYE 2017 is geared for youth in grades 9-12 during the 2016-2017 academic year and their adult leaders.
Media are invited to a July 11 media conference and the July 12 youth visit to the Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum.
Please note the following:
- EYE17 is being held in partnership with the Episcopal Diocese of Oklahoma July 10-14 on the campus of the University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond.
- The theme of EYE17 is Path to Peace is grounded in the Beatitudes as found in Matthew’s Gospel and is intended to serve as a call for participants to focus on peacemaking and the ways each member of the Episcopal branch of the Jesus Movement can pursue a path to peace.
- An outline of the EYE17 schedule is here.
- A media conference has been slated for Tuesday, July 11 at 11:30 am Central at the Hamilton Field House at the University of Central Oklahoma. Participants will be Episcopal Church Presiding Bishop and Primate Michael Curry; President of the House of Deputies the Rev. Gay Clark Jennings; and Episcopal Diocese of Oklahoma Bishop Edward J. Konieczny.
- On Wednesday, July 12, EYE17 will visit Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum with an 8:30 pm Candlelight Vigil at the Memorial.
- EYE traditionally draws hundreds of youth from throughout the Episcopal Church. EYE 2017 marks the 13th EYE and remains a popular and well-attended event.
For more information media should contact
- Nicole Baxley, Communications Director, Diocese of Oklahoma, [email protected], 405-232-4820
- Neva Rae Fox, Episcopal Church Public Affairs Officer, [email protected], 917-478-5659 (mobile)