Theological educational grants awarded for Episcopalians, Anglicans in Caribbean, Latin America
The Commission for Theological Education for Latin America and the Caribbean (CETALC) has awarded 25 grants in six categories plus administrative funding for $349,170 to support the educational, theological and formational needs of the church in Latin America and the Caribbean. The grants were approved by the Episcopal Church Executive Council at its October 2017 meeting.
CETALC was formed after the 1976 closing of the Episcopal Seminary of the Caribbean, located in Puerto Rico. At that time, the Episcopal Church Executive Council established the Trust Fund for Theological Education for Latin America and the Caribbean, with the funds from the sale of the property earmarked to support the theological education programs of the dioceses that were using the seminary.
The six categories of CETALC grants are: diocesan programs; provincial programs; Leonardo Romero Scholarship; continuing education; post graduate; research and publication.
|Norte de Mexico||7,200.00|
|Occidente de Mexico||9,000.00|
|Sureste de Mexico||10,000.00|
Leonardo Romero Scholarship
|David Alvarado, El Salvador||$4,500.00|
|Elisa Medina, Mexico||$5,000.00|
|Ronny Le (for 3 years)||$2,511.00|
The following are the CETALC members:
• Mexico: The Rev. Alba Sally Sue Hernandez
• IARCA: The Rev. Eduardo Chinchilla
• Province IX: The Rt. Rev. Julio Cesar Holguin; the Rev. Emilia Morales-Vega of Puerto Rico– CETALC Secretary
• Brazil: The Rt. Rev. Mauricio Andrade
• Cuba: The Rev. Gilberto Caballero Elizalde
• Haiti: The Rev. Abiade Lozama
• Virgin Islands: Mr. James Edward William Georges
• Ex-Oficio: Ms. Amanda de la Cruz Ybert of Dominican Republic – CETALC Treasurer
• Staff: the Rev. Glenda McQueen
For more information, contact the Rev. Glenda McQueen, Staff Officer, Latin America and the Caribbean, Global Partnerships and Mission Personnel.