How to use UTO resources on your e-reader
January 27, 2023
On a computer, phone, or tablet without an e-reader app:
Click here for more instructions.
- Log in. Go online and log into your Amazon account through your PC. Go to Manage my devices and scroll down until you find your Kindle.
- Personal email. Each Kindle comes with its own email address so find yours now. This is where you are going to email your PDF.
- You’ve Got Mail. Create a new email with Convert as the subject line. Attach your PDF to this email and address it to your Kindle’s personal email.
- Download in progress. Amazon will automatically convert your PDF into a Kindle format. Give the Kindle time to update and download your PDF from its servers. Then you’ll be able to read a PDF on your Kindle.
On a computer with an e-reader app:
This will upload the PDF from your computer to your e-reader app. Once it is added to the app, it should be accessible through your e-reader library on any device.
- Download the PDF
- In your files, right click on the PDF
- Click on the “open with” option
- Select your e-reader
On a smart phone or tablet with an e-reader app:
- Open the PDF on your internet browser
- Click the “share” icon (this is typically a box with an arrow coming out the top of it. On Google chrome, this is found in the right hand corner of the search bar/url space).
- Share to your e-reader app.