New UTO Materials Available!
Over the past few weeks, a lot of new materials have become available on our website and in the distribution center. We wanted to make you aware of a few of them:
- 2018 UTO Cross – This handcrafted sterling silver Celtic Cross is modeled after one owned by Julia Chester Emery and recreated on her gravestone. The cross comes in two sizes, 2 inches and 3 inches, and makes a great gift for anyone who loves UTO. Available for a limited time only, so be sure to order yours today! https://shima-of-navajoland.myshopify.com/collections/united-thank-offering/products/uto-hand-crafted-sterling-silver-crosses
- UTO Membership Brochure – This brochure is in response to the need for help in recruiting people to serve as a UTO coordinator/organizer at either the parish or diocesan level. This brochure allows folks to ask for more information or to sign up to help lead UTO. It is available for download and soon will be in the distribution center. https://www.episcopalchurch.org/files/documents/uto_membership_brochure.pdf
- UTO Memorial Trust Fund Brochure – This brochure introduces the trust fund that supports the work of UTO and includes a tear-off form to send in with donations. It is available as a download and in the distribution center. https://www.episcopalchurch.org/files/documents/uto_memorial_trust_fund_brochure.pdf
- UTO Prayers Through the Years – We’ve compiled as many prayers as we could find that have been used to celebrate UTO and put them in one place. Let us know if you have more prayers that we don’t know about! https://uto2014.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/uto-prayers-through-the-years.docx
- UTO Courtesy Resolution – If you would like to have your diocese do a courtesy resolution at Diocesan Convention about UTO but need help getting started, please check out this document. https://uto2014.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/sample-courtesy-resolution-for-diocesan-conventions-2017.docx
- UTO Historical Documents – A big thank you to Kayla Massey and Susan Howland for putting together a virtual archive of the UTO Historical Binders – go check them out! It’s fun to read about UTO from the very early days. https://uto2014.wordpress.com/history-of-uto/historic-archives-womens-auxiliary-and-united-thank-offering/
- UTO Coordinators Handbook – The handbook is currently being updated. Do you have ideas of things you’d like to see in it? Let Heather know!
A New UTO Prayer and New Blue Boxes
One of the things the UTO Board has been working on is a simple prayer that can be said when making an offering in a Blue Box. The idea behind the prayer was to create something that was memorable and easy enough for children to recite. The prayer will be featured on updated Blue Boxes (being printed now!) and on materials at General Convention. In the meantime, here’s the new prayer!
Almighty God, I give you praise
for blessing me in many ways.
Create in me a grateful heart
and with this gift, a blessing start. Amen.
Also, a note about ordering Blue Boxes… Please be sure to read all of the instructions on the distribution page. You do not need to order a minimum of 100 Blue Boxes. You can order as many as you need, just put a note in the comments section on the order form with the total amount you are requesting. Also, there is a great mix-and-match box that you can fill up with what you need. For assistance placing an order online, please call Kayla and she will be happy to walk you through it. Please remember that ordering online, instead of calling in orders, gets your order to you faster and saves UTO money. Thank you for your help!