Upcoming Dates, Deadlines, and Surveys
Upcoming Important Grant Process Dates
- 2018 Annual Grant Process:Because this is a General Convention year, UTO grants will be announced at General Convention on Friday, July 6, and all applicants will be notified via email that morning. 2018 grant brochures will be available starting on July 6 at the UTO Booth and by August 1 on the webpage. All UTO grants will be paid by August 1, and final reports will be due August 1, 2019.
- 2019 Young Adult and Seminarian (YAS) Grant Process: All materials for this grant process will be available on the first Friday of August and due on the first Friday of November, so mark your calendars!
- 2019 Annual Grant Process:All materials will be available the first Friday in December and due the first Friday of March.
UTO Ingathering Information
- Just a reminder that you should schedule your UTO Ingatherings at times that make sense in the life of your congregation. With that said, UTO Ingatherings historically are held around Ascension Day in the spring and around All Saints’ Day in the fall.
- The UTO Board recommends that dioceses hold their Ingathering during their convention. Please let us know if you would like assistance in setting up your Ingathering at convention and best practices for safeguarding your Ingathering funds.
- Planning ahead: It is best to send all of your UTO funds in as soon as you collect them. However, all funds must be in the mail by Friday, December 7, this year in order to arrive with enough time to be processed and added to the Ingathering for 2018. We’ll have a midyear report for all diocesan coordinators at General Convention on how each diocese is doing so far in 2018.
We’ve got a lot of surveys out there circulating, so we wanted to remind you of the links and the deadlines.
NEW! UTO Materials in Spanish
As we head toward General Convention, we wanted to check in about the need for Spanish language materials. In 2015, we received the feedback that it was cost prohibitive to ship materials to dioceses outside the United States, so we began to offer materials in Spanish that could be downloaded and printed locally. Each General Convention is an opportunity for us to review our materials and see how we can better meet the needs of our members. Given that, we’ve created a survey to find out what materials you’d like to have in Spanish and what format you would like them in.This survey will be open through July 15, so please share it with anyone who might need or use UTO materials in Spanish.At the end of July, we’ll process the results of the survey and begin translating and producing materials in Spanish. Click here and let us know how we can best support you!
Past UTO Committee/Board Member Database Update May 14 Deadline
If you are a past UTO Committee/Board member, you should have received an email from UTO Board President Sandra Squires asking for your help updating/creating our new UTO database. Click here to update your information, or to let us know how to contact someone from the list. All updates are due May 14.
Pre-Convention Signup Form Due May 14
For those attending General Convention, there’s a form that we ask you to fill out (even if you are coming as a deputy or delegate) so we know whom to expect and to help us populate our new database. Please fill this out by May 14. We’ll then send a follow-up packet to everyone who has registered.When you fill out the form, you’ll automatically be entered into a raffle for a prize – it’s our way to thank you for taking the time to help us update our records.