EYE'14: Hospitality & Logistics Committee Update
Today, I am pleased to turn blogging privileges over to EYE’14 Mission Planning Team member Whitney Chapman. Whitney is reporting on behalf of the EYE’14 Hospitality and Logistics Committee, which met last week. Enjoy!
Photo of the Hospitality Committee at the last full EYE’14 Mission Planning Team Meeting, October 2013.
My name is Whitney Chapman. I am from the Diocese of West Virginia, and I serve on the EYE’14 Mission Planning Team. I serve as a part of the Hospitality and Logistics Committee.
On Tuesday, November 5th, the Hospitality Committee had a virtual meeting on Google Hangout. At the meeting we discussed the core values that we want the Hospitality Committee, and the Hospitality Counselors to abide by during EYE’14. These core values are:
- Keep calm and always smile.
- Don’t discriminate and include everyone.
- Be flexible and willing to help whoever and wherever is needed.
- Show respect. Treat others how you would want to be treated.
- Be willing to complete your tasks and/or ask for help.
By having and using these core values, the Hospitality Committee can do their best to ensure everything goes smoothly, and to ensure that everyone enjoys themselves at EYE’14.
We also discussed at our meeting the characteristics we want our Hospitality Counselors to have. Being a counselor is a big job and a huge responsibility:
- We want the counselors to be knowledgeable of Philadelphia.
- We want them to be friendly and cheerful.
- They should be able to take directions and do what we ask of them.
- We want them to have the ability to deal with all types of people.
- Finally, we want them to be professional and do the job that they have been called to do.
Big things are in store for EYE’14 this coming July! I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m really excited. I hope to report back to you all soon with more details.
Love and Blessings,