This journal began publication on Jan. 22, 1817, in New York, "under the inspection of the Right Rev. Bishop Hobart." At first it was published every two weeks, but eventually became monthly. The last issue was published in Dec. 1830. It was "devoted to theological and miscellaneous subjects, and particularly to interesting religious and literary intelligence, and biographical and obituary notices."
Christian Journal and Literary Register, The
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.