The first weekly publication in the Episcopal Church, this periodical was edited by the Rev. Benjamin Allen (1789-1829) from 1815 through 1816. It carried church news and stories for lay persons. The last issue available is dated Nov. 7, 1816.
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.