This journal began publication on Jan. 2, 1835, at Richmond, Virginia. It was published weekly, and had the motto: "Catholic For Every Truth of God. Protestant For Every Error of Man." On July 12, 1947, it absorbed The Chronicle, which was published at Poughkeepsie, New York. On Jan. 2, 1952, it was continued by Episcopal Churchnews.
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.