This monthly journal was published by the Board of Missions of the Episcopal Church. The first issue appeared in Jan. 1836, and the last issue appeared in Dec. 1939. It was continued by Forth. The Spirit of Missions is one of the major primary sources for the history of the Episcopal Church. Standard of the Cross. This weekly periodical continued the Western Episcopalian. It began publication on Aug. 22, 1868, at Gambier, Ohio, and was published until June 16, 1887. It merged with The Church, which was published at Philadelphia, and continued from July 2, 1887, until May 7, 1892.
Spirit of Missions, The
Glossary definitions provided courtesy of Church Publishing Incorporated, New York, NY,(All Rights reserved) from "An Episcopal Dictionary of the Church, A User Friendly Reference for Episcopalians," Don S. Armentrout and Robert Boak Slocum, editors.