Asian American or “Asiamerican” describes both Asian immigrants in the United States as well as Asian Americans born in the United States – Chinese, Filipino, Korean, Japanese, Southeast Asian (Vietnamese, Laotian, Hmong, Burmese), and South Asian (Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan). It also describes the relationship of Asians in the United States with the Asian Episcopalians and Asian Anglicans in the global Asian community. The office of Asian American Ministries offers resources on mission work, church revitalization, and racial justice – among and beyond Asian communities in the United States.
Virtual Conference – Church Planting in the Asian Diaspora
May 13th-15th, 2021
This conference will explore the stories of leaders who are church planting as Asian American Episcopalians, and in Asian American contexts. They will focus on a variety of themes, including ethnic and cultural identity, models of leadership, and the compelling witness the Episcopal tradition has for people of Asian heritage. Following the stories, there will be opportunity for questions and reflection in small groups. This conference is scheduled for May in observance of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month and will be co-hosted by the Episcopal Offices of Asiamerican Ministries and Church Planting.
A National Gathering of
Asian Episcopalians & Allies
for lament, healing, action and solidarity in response to the rise of violence against Asians and Pacific-Islanders
Saturday, March 27, 1-3 P.M. EDT via Zoom
Fr. Fred on Being Episcopalian
- Episcopal Asiamerica Ministries, Church Planting announce virtual “Church Planting in the Asian Diaspora” conferenceThe Episcopal Church’s Asiamerica Ministries is partnering with the Church Planting and Redevelopment Office to offer a virtual conference on Church Planting in the Asian Diaspora. The conference will bring together a diverse group of storytellers to share their experiences of church planting as Asian American Episcopalians, and in Asiamerican contexts.
- Stop Asian Hate: A gathering of Episcopal Asians and AlliesThis is sponsored by the Episcopal Asiamerica Ministries (EAM) and will feature, within the context of liturgy,
- Cast: A Vision For Episcopal Asiamerica MinistriesBy the Rev. Canon Dr. Winfred Vergara Missioner for Asiamerica Ministries, The Episcopal Church Introduction Before I share my Vision for EAM, I would like to enumerate the […]
- Centering Prayer As A Way Of Coping With Trauma In This Era Of Covid19 PandemicLecture delivered via Facebook Live and Zoom By: THE REV. DR. FRED VERGARA INTRODUCTION Good evening America and Good morning Asia to those of you listening from Zoom or […]
- Episcopal Church Welcomes 200 Youth From 30 Karen CongregationsOver 200 youth from thirty (30) Karen congregations in various dioceses gathered for the annual “America Karen Episcopal Youth Weekend” last July 4-6, 2019 held at All Saints […]