Truth-telling: Telling the Truth about Our Churches and Race
Reconciliation, healing, and new life require telling the truth about The Episcopal Church’s racial composition and complicity in systems of racial justice and injustice – past and present.
Baptismal Promise: Will you persevere in resisting evil, and whenever we fall into sin, repent and return to the Lord?
- What racial, cultural and ethnic groups are in our church? Who is in the communities around us? What’s the difference?
- What racial, cultural and ethnic groups have historically and predominantly shaped our common life, leadership and worship? Why?
- How has our church excluded or embraced the presence and power of different racial, cultural and ethnic groups throughout history and to this day?
- Becoming Beloved Community Where You Are (p. 4)
- Truth-telling, Reckoning and Healing Processes
- Racial Justice Audit of Episcopal Leadership
- Study Your Neighborhood data
- Truth-telling Ministries Webinars
- Department of Ethnic Ministries: