80th General Convention of The Episcopal Church
The Latest News
- United Thank Offering virtual triennial Ingathering collects over $4M
- GC80 Afternoon Update: Monday, July 11
- Episcopal Church General Convention approves reunion of Texas dioceses
- 80th General Convention of The Episcopal Church: July 11 sermon by Julia Ayala Harris, president-elect of the House of Deputies
- GC80 Morning Update: Monday, July 11
- GC80 Evening Update: Sunday, July 10
80th General Convention Resources
General Convention Office
Episcopal Diocese of Maryland
About The Episcopal Church
The Episcopal Church welcomes all as it seeks to follow the way of Jesus Christ on earth. As a member church in the worldwide Anglican Communion, The Episcopal Church is part of the world’s third-largest group of Christians; it has around 1.7 million members across 108 dioceses and three mission areas in 22 countries or territories. Learn more at episcopalchurch.org.
About General Convention
The General Convention is the governing body of The Episcopal Church. Every three years it meets as a bicameral legislature that includes the House of Deputies and the House of Bishops, composed of deputies and bishops from each diocese. Between conventions, the Executive Council serves as the governing body of The Episcopal Church. The General Convention also includes committees, commissions, and task forces that have been given responsibilities to accomplish between the triennial sessions.