Click here to view the 2019 Grant Awards announcement.
The Episcopal Church invites applications for grants to assist with Young Adult and Campus Ministries throughout the church. This is a three-step process which includes discernment and planning, writing the application, and online submission. This process is designed to help you discern where and how God is calling your community to serve young adults and whether now is the right time to apply for a grant. We hope this process is an invitation for you and your community to consider how the Episcopal Church can minister with young adults on and off college campuses, (including community colleges and tribal college campuses, non-traditional degree programs) in the military, and those who are not in college.
These grants are intended to provide funding for an Episcopal ministry (or ecumenical ministry with an Episcopal presence) in a diocese, congregation, or college/university that is currently engaging in or seeking a new relationship with young adults on and off college campuses.
Competitive Grant Requirements
Recipient understands that the recipient’s diocese’s failure to pay its assessment in full or to apply for and receive a waiver shall render the diocese ineligible to receive grants or loans from the Domestic and Foreign Missionary Society unless approved by Executive Council. In accordance with Canon I.4.6
- applicant’s diocese pays its full assessment
- applicant’s diocese has been granted a waiver for years (list)
- applicant’s diocese has made application for a waiver but has not been advised regarding a determination
- applicant understands that the applicant’s diocese’s failure to pay its assessment in full or to apply for and receive a waiver shall render the diocese ineligible to receive grants or loans from the DFMS approved by Executive Council
Amount, Duration, and Categories of Grants
A total of $133,000 is available for this cycle, with a total of $400,000 available this triennium. These grants are for the 2019-2020 academic year. Deadline for submitting grants is November 11, 2019. There are four categories of grants:
- Leadership Grant: to establish a new, restore a dormant, or reenergize a current campus ministry. Grant will range from $5-30,000 and can be used over a two-year period.
- Campus Ministry Grants: to provide seed money to assist in the start-up of new, innovative campus ministries or to enhance a current ministry. Grants $1-5,000.
- Young Adult Ministry Grants: to provide seed money to assist in the start-up of new, innovative young adult ministries or to enhance a current ministry. Grants $1-5,000.
- Project Grants: to provide money for a one-time project that will enhance and impact the campus or young adult ministry. Grants $100-1,000.
Download the Grant Discernment and Planning, Grant Process and Guidelines, and Grant Application below.
Applications are no longer being accepted at this time. We will open up grant applications again in late 2019.
For more information, you may contact, The Rev. Shannon Kelly.