St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Harrisburg, PA

Contact Information
Clergy: 
The Rev. Canon Kathrine G. L. Harrigan ~ Rector
Phone: 
(717) 233-2175
About Us: 

History
Saint Paul's has a long and varied history in the city of  Harrisburg. It has survived floods, fire and depressions.  The Church has had over 21 Rectors or Vicars and has always had a worship services that were true to the Anglican Catholic tradition.  The church first met together in November 1857 as a Mission Sunday school at St Stephen's. In the summer of 1858, a wooden building was built for this purpose on the corner of 6th and Forster streets. This building was to serve as church and parish hall for almost twenty years. January 5, 1859, the church was organised and a vestry elected. 

On May 3rd 1859, she was admitted into the union with the diocese of Pennsylvania. In 1910, the church was built on the corner of 2nd and Emerald streets. Subsequently the building was destroyed by fire,  resulting in the purchase of the building on Wisconsco. St Paul's moved to current building in 1970.  St Paul's Episcopal church is led by our Rector Victor Thomas. We are governed by an elected group of parisherers called the Vestry and our dedicated parishioners work hard every week to make worship, education and other programs successful.   St Paul's is a member of the Episcopal Church of the United States of America and the Diocese of Central Pennsylvania.  Over the years we have grown into a diverse community of christian families.

Emplacement

248 Seneca Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110-1840
United States
Javascript est nécessaire à la visualisation de cette carte.